PDA

View Full Version : Excel Macro

humancap
02-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi

I have a request from my finance team to auto populate a range of cells based on a date. To explain as best I can within the spreadsheet is a forecast of the companies billing. Each tab is a month of the year and the data for each team/region is pulled from their own respective spreadsheets.

So in a summary the finance team and the management team can see a simple summary ,on a daily basis, the groups billing forecast.

Within each tab we have a list of dates for the month ie 4/2/2013 with the a range of 7 cells next two each. Someone then goes in and copies the values of the teams/region forecast for the month into the 7 cells next to date. This then gives them a fluctuating record of the billing forecast for the month.

I need to automate the populating of the seven cells to the sevens cells next to the date for the day that the spreadsheet is open. To try simplify things I have populated sevens cells at the bottom of the calendar rows with the cells the values need to be copied from. So in effect I need to copy the values from range E17 to E24 on the active tab to the date the spreadsheet is opened to the cells next to the cell with the same date.

If you prefer I can get a blank copy of the spreadsheet made so you can see how it is setup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Justin

Kenneth Hobs
02-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the forum!

That is a bit complicated without example data. Try making a before and after workbook and/or worksheets to help us help you. The more simple the better.

humancap
02-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi

Thanks for your reply here is an example excel document with just one tab with dummy figures.

The range highlighted in yellow is the one that needs to be copied into the date above corresponding to the date that the document is opened. This needs to only run once per day so as not to overwrite the figures.