PDA

View Full Version : Some fun with message box????

Dibbley247
02-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I have a couple of workbooks which when a macro button it is, it will save a copy and clear it down ready for new week.

I'm due to have a week off work soon, and my manager gets really worried about things shes never done before. so I would like to trick her a little when I'm next off.
Here is a sample of part of one of my codes with help from p45CAL!

Could I sneak in AFTER the macros has finished.

A box will pop up (preferably with a loading line) saying "deleting hard drive" with a cancel button, then when the cancel button is hit a message then saying "drive is corrupt, please contact I.T"
:rotlaugh:

Sub CleardownSheets()
Dim Response As Integer
Response = MsgBox(prompt:="This will clear the sheet for a new week, are you sure?", Buttons:=vbYesNo)
If Response = vbYes Then
'Will now clear ranges if YES was selected
Const PATH As String = "\\calfp03\Lynher Bakery\1AAMan Hours\current week\2013 - A1\1A WK"
With ActiveWorkbook
.SaveCopyAs Filename:=PATH & .Sheets("Reset Sheet").Range("A1").Value & ".xls"
sApplication.ScreenUpdating = False
' Will clear all sheets in workbook
Sheets("Sat Night (3)").Select
Range("B5,D5:K5,O5:P5,B7,D7:K7,O7:P7,B9,D9:K9,O9:P9,B11,D11:K11,O11:P11,D13:K13,O1 3:P13").Select Selection.ClearContents
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End With
Else
' The no button was selected.
MsgBox "Action Was Cancelled"
End If
End Sub

BrianMH
02-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Add this to the bottom.

x = MsgBox("Deleting Hard Drive", vbOKCancel)
x = MsgBox("Illegal Operation. Your hard drive is corrupted. Please contact your IT department", vbExclamation)

I hope your boss has a good sense of humour. Personally I would add another line.

msgbox("HA HA Just kidding Mrs Boss")

Dibbley247
02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Haha ideal I'll give this a go, and leave out the last bit. ;)

She won't even contact them, she'll be ringing me anyway.

I have other ideas with the plain message boxes also, but Just thought there might have been one with some sort of loading bar to press cancel so to make it look more authentic?

p45cal
02-07-2013, 03:34 PM
perhaps a message along the lines of 'user has insufficient resources to complete this process. Insert new user and retry.'

BrianMH
02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
ID-10T ERROR: error between user positioning system and user input interface