PDA

View Full Version : Errors all over the place!!!

gringo287
02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I'm having major problems with more than one workbook. I do a lot of work from home and up until a fews days ago, have never had any issues with using the workbooks that i send from home to work (as well as other collegues using the same workbooks).

I'm now getting
"Out of memory" , "system error &h80004005(-2147467259).", "vbe6ext.ol​b could not be loaded" amongst others. When i force open visual basic, it breaks at

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

In terms of possible causes, the only thing thats changed, is that I've got a new pc with windows 8 and office 2010. Everything works fine at home (just last night, i installed office 2013 (get discount through work, so got it for £10 woohoo) and everything works fine on that at home as well.

Today one of my collegues mentioned that one of the workbooks (which is userform based) that he uses is having problems and they are the same as what im experiencing (Its not a shared work book).

I've done some googling and and come across a few suggestions like the TEMP file needing clearing out etc. The problem is that everything is administrator protected etc as its at my place of work.
:help :dunno :banghead:

Bob Phillips
02-10-2013, 04:08 AM
Surely the temp directory is not administrator protected, you couldn't write to it if it were. Just type %temp% in an explorer address bar and clear it out.

gringo287
02-10-2013, 04:52 AM
I thought that, but when i search for it, its not found.

Its probably worth mentioning that our pcs are basically just base units, controlled via a citrix server, so we log in to our profiles from any pc etc.

I think certain locations are hidden rather than protected.

Paul_Hossler
02-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Ae you trying to open a 32bit office workbook with 64 bit office?

There are a number of 32 bit userform controls that do not work under 64 bit office

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee691831.aspx

Paul

gringo287
02-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Hi Paul,

My home Pc is 64bit, but the works Pc's are 32bit...,

interestingly, one of the userform based workbooks that has been causing me issues, since i wrote this post, that my collegue told me yesterday was also causing him problems, is now working fine??, but im still having issues with other workbooks. It has only happened, since i got my new home pc, but im having now issues at all on my home pc, its only at work and its intermittant. Also my old home pc was 64bit, but i think the office version i had was only 32bit...

how would this explain why my collegue was having the issue yesterday with the workbook that hes been using fine for months with no issues... present the same issues as me (just yesterday, so far)

Bob Phillips
02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
I would suggest that you do a repair on your copy of Office.

gringo287
02-10-2013, 06:54 AM
I think you may have it there as the issue did start after i started using a copy of office 2010 and although ive now installed office 2013, ive not done any work with that yet.

are there any know issues with compatablilty between 2010 and 2013 in terms of tranferring vba over??

Bob Phillips
02-10-2013, 07:40 AM
No, its the same VBA with just a few extra objects exposed in the object model.

gringo287
02-10-2013, 08:13 AM
thank you, ill have a dabble tonight

Paul_Hossler
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
No, its the same VBA with just a few extra objects exposed in the object model.

... mentioned that one of the workbooks (which is userform based) that he uses is having problems and they are the same as what im experiencing

There are a number of 32 bit controls that are sometimes used on user forms that do not work under 64 bit office.

If the UF happened to use one of the them, then I'd expect issues when a WB that worked fine in 32 bit office (2007or 2010) was opened in 64 bit office.

Just a thought

Paul

gringo287
02-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Getting closer...

Sorry Paul, only just seen this response.

There are a number of 32 bit controls that are sometimes used on user forms that do not work under 64 bit office.

If the UF happened to use one of the them, then I'd expect issues when a WB that worked fine in 32 bit office (2007or 2010) was opened in 64 bit office.

Just a thought

Paul

Im getting a new error message now

"compile error in hidden module: sheet4.
this error commonly occurs when code is incompatable with the version,platform, or architecture of this application. "

Ive googled and got nudged in the direction of missing references.

The difference between my home and work version of office is the

WORK
MICROSOFT EXCEL 14.0 OBJECT LIBRARY
MICROSOFT OFFICE 14.0 OBJECT LIBRARY
MICROSOFT FORMS 2.0 OBJECT LIBRARY

HOME
MICROSOFT EXCEL 15.0 OBJECT LIBRARY
MICROSOFT OFFICE 15.0 OBJECT LIBRARY
MICROSOFT FORMS 2.0 OBJECT LIBRARY

Due to admin rights etc... what can i do to sort this.

gringo287
02-17-2013, 05:44 AM
this is the sheet 4 code and where it breaks

Option Explicit

Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
Dim EmptyCell As Range
Set EmptyCell = Range("v2")
EmptyCell.Value = TextBox1.Text
End Sub
Private Sub PolNo_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
If (KeyAscii = 13) Then 'Keyascii 13 = Enter key
Call TextBox1_Change
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Static OldRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 ' yellow - change as needed
OldRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Set OldRange = Target
Cells(3, 22) = activecell.Value
Cells(4, 22) = activecell.Offset(0, 1)
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
'Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Search")
'MsgBox "The handset model is:-" & Range("V4")
'If .Range("V8") = "pdf" Then
'GuruSearch2.Show
'End If
'End With
End Sub

gringo287
02-17-2013, 08:10 AM
sheet 4 isnt hidden by the way

gringo287
03-02-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi,

I've been super busy the last few weeks, so I've been working around the issue.

interestingly, one of the userform based workbooks that has been causing me issues, since i wrote this post, that my collegue told me yesterday was also causing him problems, is now working fine??, but im still having issues with other workbooks

Since the above quote, ive had three more occurrances, of one of the projects, presenting the user with the same issue that im having... but only for one day!! and then its fine??. This isnt a shared workbook and ive not done any work on them projects (userform based workbooks) on my new pc, that i thought was the issue.

I'm waiting for my IT dept to get to me on their list, but, being honest, i doubt they will know what to do either.