PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to convert all pictures in a word document to picture (enhanced metafi

loggedin
02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
is there a way to automatically convert all of the pictures already existing in a word document (*.docx word version 2010) to "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)"?

Otherwise I have to manually cut and paste-special for each picture, as each is picture separated by text/section headings, etc. and cannot be selected entirely together and re-pasted.

please help and forgive me if the question has already been answered because i did not find any solutions in my search.

thanks!

macropod
02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Whether your shapes are of the "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" type should have no bearing on your ability to select them, individually or collectively. What would have a bearing is whether they're formatted as in-line.

loggedin
02-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks for your answer Paul but I think you misunderstood my question.

I want to convert all of the images in a document to "picture (enhanced metafile" format. They were previously pasted as jpegs.

One on a one basis, I can "cut" the image and paste special ... as "picture (enhanced metafile)" but this will take a lot of time for a document full of images.

I can not use select all, because it will also select all of the text between the pictures, and when I try to "cut" and "paste special", it does not work as intended and also converts the text to a picture.

e.g. the document looks something like this:

Section Heading

Text

[image]

Section Heading

Text

[image]

etc.

--

I want a quicker way to convert all of the images from their current format to "picture (enhanced metafile)" then doing it one by one using the cut and paste special method as explained above.

fumei
02-13-2013, 01:33 PM
"Thanks for your answer Paul but I think you misunderstood my question."

You may have misunderstood Paul's comment. The crucial factor is whether your images are inlineshapes, or shapes.

If you tried recording a macro for one of the images, you should be able to apply that code to all of them. If you have problems with any code you come up with, post it, and we'll see if we can move things forward.

macropod
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't think I misunderstood either.

loggedin
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
How would I know if they are inlineshapes or shapes?

There are hundreds of pictures, pasted/inserted into the document by various authors.

macropod
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
You could check their text wrapping via the Picture Tools.

In any event, none of this has anything to do with whether a picture's 'type' is "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)". Both in-line shapes and other shapes can be of that 'type'.

And since we have no idea what you're actually trying to do with these pictures, you're not giving yourself much chance of being helped. This thread is already ~ 4weeks old and you still haven't told that part...