PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Date, Month, and Time Stamp using VBA

bjnockle
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
I am trying to modify a vba code written by s76.vj yesterday to automatically stamp "Time" in column C when column A a item is selected from the drop-down list in column A (this part is working great); I also want the code to automatically stamp "date, month and time" in column F, E and D respectively when an item is selected from the drop-down list in column G (Received By -title heading) - this is one part the code is not able to capture.

I believe that the code will need to be modified to capture the "date, month and time" in column F, E and D respectively when an item is selected from the drop-down list in column G.

I need assistance in modifying the code to stamp date, month, and time separately in column F, E and D respectively. [B]Below is the code:

Note: I have attached a sample copy of the template.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)

With Target

If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

If .Column <> 1 And .Column <> 6 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If .Column = 1 Then
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then

.Offset(0, 2).ClearContents
Else

With .Offset(0, 2)

.NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss"
.Value = Now
End With
End If
ElseIf .Column = 6 Then

If IsEmpty(.Value) Then

.Offset(0, -1).ClearContents
.Offset(0, -2).ClearContents
Else

With .Offset(0, -2)

.NumberFormat = "hh:mm:ss"
.Value = Now
End With

With .Offset(0, -1)

.NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy"
.Value = Now
End With
End If
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub

snb
02-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Please use codetags !

Why don't you continue your previous thread ?

Did you use the suggestion I provided in that thread ?

Bob Phillips
02-13-2013, 03:07 AM
This looks like the same question that you asked yesterday, and you had two suggestions to solve the problem there.

Unless you give me a good reason not to, I will delete this at 1r4:00 GMT.

bjnockle
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Thank you for the response. This particular problem is expand on the initial problem that was posted two (2) days ago. The initial problem did not have to stamp month, date and time when selecting an item in the "Received By" column.

Thanks much.

This looks like the same question that you asked yesterday, and you had two suggestions to solve the problem there.

Unless you give me a good reason not to, I will delete this at 1r4:00 GMT.

Bob Phillips
02-13-2013, 07:05 AM
It is not a new request, just a slight modification, so update the other post to reflect that an in the light of those responses. Otherwise we think we are wasting our time trying to help.

bjnockle
02-13-2013, 07:27 AM
xld, it is alright to remove this thread as I now have it posted in the initial problem.

Thanks much for your time.