PDA

View Full Version : Display tiff image on vba form

vpager
02-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Is there any way to get a tiff image to display on a vba form without having to convert them all to a different format?
We have an image library storing images in Tiff format. The VBA Image object does not display images in tiff format. But due to the nature of the library, I cannot convert them for the purpose of my project.

Would be grateful for any positive guidance.

Thanks
Mike

jolivanes
02-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Mike.
Please read the forum rules about cross posting, both on this forum and Ozgrid.

p45cal
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
see attachment (heavily plagiarised).

vpager
02-19-2013, 02:24 AM
Mike.
Please read the forum rules about cross posting, both on this forum and Ozgrid.

Apologies. Won't happen again.

vpager
02-19-2013, 02:53 AM
see attachment (heavily plagiarised).

Many thanks, an interesting workround.

I do quite a lot of VBA programming but have largely avoided using Library calls. Always feels like I'm throwing a stone into an ocean without knowing how [or if] it's going to come back out.
The one I did latch onto is for mouse wheel scrolling in user forms. It's very hit and miss and doesn't give me a lot of confidence to look deeper into this area.
Am I being unnecessarilly blinkered?

Mike

fhimage
06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
there is no need to convert to other formats as long as you vb tiff windows viewer (http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/tiff-windows-viewer-create/) support . it is going to take so much time on this work.

arronlee
11-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi, fhimage.
I am looking for some fine manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help display and read tiff images these days. I wonder whether the tool you mentioned above offers a free trial package for users to check? If it does, I will try you rsharing later.

Best regards,
Arron