PDA

View Full Version : Summarising of info from many w/sheets with a Macro

marsham
02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi
Firstly I have read your forum rules & understand the ruling on multi posting, I have posted this on another site which I use now & again - but to date have had no responses (posted 3 days ago). I then found your site & as it appears to be a specific area of expertise - thought I would post it here as well (as I am know desperate to get a solution):help

I literally nothing about Macros! I have been online trying to learn but nothing I have learned will help with this task.
I need an expert to a) tell me if this can be achieved and b) How?

The example attached has dummy info but is laid out exactly as my actual documents.
The example has 5 sheets to be consolidated into one summary - I have laid out an example of what the summary should look like (or something similar)
My actual file could have any where between 2-300 in a period - which would change each period.

I don't want to enter useless information in this post, so if you have a look & would like to help, pls let me know if there is anything else you require.

Fingers Crossed (as this is getting desperate)

Thanks

fredlo2010
02-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi marsham,

I was looking at your file and it looks a little complicated to understand and develop from my non VBA expert point of view. I think the problem lies in the fat that you are trying to more data from a report-like sheet (WO) to another Report-like Sheet (Outcome)

The solution here would be to create a DataBase-Like sheet and from there pull a Report using a macro ( althought I think I pivot Table could take care of it)

Your data is a little complicated for me to create the Database ut you could work on that and then I can help you get the data from the WO to the data base and refresh the report as needed.

Take into Consideration that a Database has repeated values.

Thanks