PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2003 User Defined Function

Allan_H
03-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to make some user defined functions available to any user who opens my workbook on any computer. I've saved the original workbook in which the UDFs were created as an excel add-in. In my new workbook (the one I want to distribute to others), I've activated that add-in and can now enter the UDFs into any cell in the new workbook without having to type the name of the original source. So it works perfectly, but only on my computer.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I e-mail this new spreadsheet to anyone else and they open it on their own computer, the UDFs don't work: the formulas in the cells suddenly contain the original source file name and a "#name" error appears there. Furthermore, the add-in is no longer available and they don't see my UDFs in the Visual Basic Editor page.

I'm at best an intermediate-level excel user, so it's probably something very basic that I'm missing here. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Also, I'm not sure if this is a factor or not, but both my original excel workbook in which the UDFs were created and the new workbook that I'd like to distribute were created and currently reside on my Windows Server 2003 desktop, not on any physical hard drive.

Bob Phillips
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
That should be okay. Did you install the addin or just load it?

Can you post it here?