PDA

View Full Version : PPT VBA - Assign text box value to variable

Jelizabug
03-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi there,

I'm fairly new to VBA, so I am not sure this is possible, but it seems like it should be... I am working on a Jeopardy project. I found a free template with scoring online, but there was no Final Jeopardy option, so I've been trying to code that in. The other scoring is fairly straightfoward - objects have been assigned macros which add 100, 200, or 300 points to the score variable.

For Final Jeopardy, the competitor (there's only one, so no need to worry about multiple teams for this) needs to be able to enter any point value. I created an ActiveX texbox control named "wager" in which this value could be input. I have defined a variable (Dim finalwager as long) for the final wager output. The issue is that I can't seem to find the right code to assign the value in the wager input box to finalwager.

I have a sample of the presentation if that would be helpful to anyone. It's a last-minute project, and the game is March 18 (tomorrow, joy) - I've been researching this problem for 3 days now with no luck. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John Wilson
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe

Sub getWager()
Dim osld As Slide
Dim finalwager As Long
Set osld = SlideShowWindows(1).View.Slide
finalwager = osld.Shapes("wager").OLEFormat.Object.Value
End Sub