PDA

View Full Version : Conditionally format Pivot Table cell color base on value (text)

CG4
03-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi there!, I need help with a macro to conditional format a Pivot Table cells base in their values;
The table (pic1) have columns; Item, SubItem, Item_Child,Code and Qty.
The Pivot(pic2) is a count of Items, the Items can be a Car,Truck, Bike, or Skate. These Items can be “Broken”= NO GO “Good”= GO or “InRepair”=CAUTION.
What I want is to dynamically on probably the Sheet Change event conditionally format(pic3) if its NO GO background color = Red, if its Go green and CAUTION yellow. I need the cells of the Items be these color but not just where thewords “GO-NO GO-CAUTION” but the “condition” of Item(GO-NO_GO-CAUTION) and the “Stage” of the Item(Broken-Good-InRepair).
Can someone please help me with this code?
I really appreciate this help.
Thanks.
CG4

CG4
03-23-2013, 10:20 AM
I attached a picture to this thread, can you guys see it?when I try to upload it again its says it’s been uploaded. Can you guys see theattached pictures in a Word document?

CG4
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
I posted this in the Access Forum by mistake. Can somebody tell me how to delete it from that Forum? I can not find instructions how to do this on help section of this website...

Aflatoon
03-25-2013, 02:58 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything attached to any of these posts.

Which version of Excel are you using? 2007 and later will allow you to apply conditional formatting to a pivot table so you don't need code at all.