PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Pivot Table Is Not Consolidating

BravesPiano5
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm not certain what the issue is but attached is my workbook (this is an example...what I actually have is large and confidential). Basically, why is the "Rate" row getting separated and not combining? It's showing duplicate "rate" rows rather than having one line per rate and the sum of the cases/allowance...I've tried everything:

Ensure there are no unnecessary characters (i.e. spaces, blanks, apostrophes, etc.)
Convert all data to text
Remove everything except the pivot columnsI'm at a loss...I know the issue itself isn't entirely VBA (although I do have a macro which creates reference points and then consolidates the data into a pivot) but again I've tried everything. :dunno

mdmackillop
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
It looks like some floating point thing; values are not quite what they seem. Doing an Edit/ReplaceAll on each value removes the duplicates.

BravesPiano5
04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Agh! :banghead:

I did a manual calculation and just automatically assumed since it evened out perfectly to 2 decimals that it wasn't a rounding issue. I've updated my VBA code to have that column round to 2 decimals.

Thank you!! :)