PDA

View Full Version : check boxes

GaryB
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I am not a coder even though I have been a member of this forum for a few years now. The problem I have is I have a continuous form that is set up to show sales by each job, the commission amount due and a check box that was designed to be clicked if it was time to pay the said commission. When I used to open the form the check boxes came up with no check and then I would click the box and that would enable the selected job to appear on a commission paid report. Our entire system crashed a few years back and i lost what I had done and now I can't get it to work no matter what I do. Here is the the breakdown.

Table which is linked to another access program that loads the job and commission info. In both tables is a field called glsalescode.

I built a query to filter the info I wanted on the form and it also contains glsalescode.

On the form I have a checkbox which has glsalescode as its control.

When I open the form all the boxes are check, so subsequently the commission report shows all commissions due to be paid.

What I want is the form to open with the checkboxes unchecked.

I have tried:
setting the criteria for glsalescode to 0, or like 0 when I do none of the record s show up. If I leave nothing in the criteria or 1 then all the records so up, but, the check box is checked.

any ideas on this please,

Thanks,

Gary:banghead:

GaryB
04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow!! No help from anyone??? What a disappointment. This used to be a totally cool and helpful forum. What the happened? Makes me a little sad... :(

BrianMH
04-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Have you tried setting the default on the checkbox to unchecked?