PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Spread picture across multiple pages

jokevdmeer
08-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Dear VBA users,

This is maybe not the right forum for this question, but maybe someone can help us.

We have a picture with a very big height.

When we insert this picture, the total picture is inserted on one page.

Is there any possibility in Word to enlarge the width of the picture to the page width and divide the picture over more then one page?

Used: Word 2003.

Thanks for reading and your advice.

Joke.

TonyJollans
08-12-2005, 02:52 AM
I am always happy to be proved wrong but I don't believe that is possible.

MOS MASTER
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I am always happy to be proved wrong but I don't believe that is possible.

Hi Tony, :yes

Me too...but you're not going to be proven wrong! It just aint!

Ps..Joke..sizing is no problem...but one picture over several pages is not possible! :whistle:

jokevdmeer
08-13-2005, 04:16 AM
Hello MosMaster,

Thanks for the answer, I was affraid that it wasn't possible.

Nice regards and have a nice weekend,

Joke.

Killian
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi guys,

I'm not so sure "not possible" is the right way to put it...

If you insert the picture inline with text, it will scale to full page width. Then copy the picture to the next page and in Format Picture>Picture, enter the first page picutre's height in the Crop form> Top value.

If the pic goes over several pages, It might become rather confusing and I'd be inclined to write a bit of code to handle it.

I think it would be simplier if Word's measurement system weren't so weird but it seems to work

TonyJollans
08-14-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi Killian,

Inventive, yes, :) and I guess you can do that with any shape (not just inline ones) - that is take two copies and crop and position each so that matching parts are on consecutive pages. That may achieve the effect but really isn't doing the job - and having multiple copies of (big) pictures will increase file size somewhat.

MOS MASTER
08-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the answer, I was affraid that it wasn't possible.

Hi Joke, :yes
You're welcome...just confirming what Tony already said! :beerchug:

MOS MASTER
08-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi guys,

I'm not so sure "not possible" is the right way to put it...

Hi K, :yes

Wel the questione was about doing this with one picture so yes Impossible is the right way to put it! :rofl:

But the work arround with multiple pictures is doable with all it's caveats of its own. :thumb