PDA

View Full Version : Copy Working Hours from Excel into Project

Chapcap
04-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi

Im new to VBA and couldnt find a solved thread about this topic in any forum I have found, so I would like to explain my problem in this forum and hope that someone could give me any advise. :aw

What would be better? To write a VBA in Excel or in Project?

But anyway:

What would I like to do:
I would like to copy the working hours on a task per employee (task owner) which are listed in an excel file into a MS project file.

What do I have:
I have one Excel workbook called "worcktracking.xls". There are a lot of worksheets in it. One worksheet for one Week (e.g. worksheetname: "25.02.2013-01.01.03.2013")
In each Worksheet the tasks (column B) and the task owner (column B) are listed which were done in this week (so it is different every week).
In column I the hours worked on a task on Monday are listed.
In column J the hours worked on a task on Tuesday are listed.
In column K the hours worked on a task on Wednesday are listed.
In column L the hours worked on a task on Thursday are listed.
In column M the hours worked on a task on Friday are listed.
I have one MS Project project with common architecture (Ressource Ussage view: task number/WBS, Resource name, .... ; Timeline)

What should be done:
It should go through the excel worksheets and go through column B and I and find those tasks numbers and task owners in MS project, then go to the date (which is stated in the excel tab name (or C5)) and fill in the hours for monday till friday (from column I to M).

I hope I managed to explain my problem and what I would like to do properly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
:beerchug:

bradely
07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I think dude! You manage the columns very well and also MS project, and I think no any idea is better in front of your suggestion, You done your job very well :)