PDA

View Full Version : Solved: AddIn - Unhelpful Error Message - please illuminate!

exec_gerbil
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Dearies,

I have followed the instructions in an ebook (Excel VBA: 24hour Trainer by Tom Urtis) and it runs fine, so I saved it to my AddIns. Unfortunately I get this Error Message when I press the Sheet Manager button on the Add-Ins tab (Excel 2010):

Cannot run the macro 'SheetMgr AddIn.xlam'!Sheet Manager'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Bit confused, cos I thought the point of AddIns was that they would run regardless of security settings. Is this something to do with Trust Center/Digital Certificates?

All ideas gratefully received.

Thanks,

Gerb

SamT
04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Thought I could answer but, :dunno

exec_gerbil
04-18-2013, 02:36 PM
k

Aflatoon
04-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Is that the exact error message? If so, you assigned the wrong onaction to your button - a macro name cannot have a space in it, so I suspect yours should be SheetManager and not Sheet Manager

exec_gerbil
04-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Is that the exact error message? If so, you assigned the wrong onaction to your button - a macro name cannot have a space in it, so I suspect yours should be SheetManager and not Sheet Manager

Thanks so much for pointing that out, I thought I was going crazy!

Your help is greatly appreciated, Aflatoon.

Best,

Gerb