PDA

View Full Version : How to open an auto-closed Access?

ghrb
04-25-2013, 06:22 AM
I have an access with Macros codes that auto closes the Access after the run. But now I want to stop the auto close feature and make some changes to the codes/macros. How can I do that?

Thank you!

HiTechCoach
05-18-2013, 09:44 AM
I have an access with Macros codes that auto closes the Access after the run. But now I want to stop the auto close feature and make some changes to the codes/macros. How can I do that?

Thank you!

Try holding down the shift key when you open the database. This will bypass all the start up code.

I treat Access database development like any other software development platform. I follow all the Best Practices for Software Development. Access does not force you to do it that way so you have to be diligent in following good procedures.

The way I do it is this:

1) I have a master front end without any auto close enabled.
2) make change to the master copy and test
3) make a copy for deployment.
4) enable auto close.
5) test again
6) is fine then copy the new deployment version with auto close into production

The master copy of the front end is kept in a safe place. The master copy is never used in production. Only a copy is used in production.

Also see: Splitting your Access database into application and data (http://hitechcoach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35:split-your-access-database-into-application-anddata&catid=65:split-database)