PDA

View Full Version : Values and Reporting

Ildestino
05-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Salve VBA-Gurus!

I started a 2 weeks ago a reporting project, where I collect datas from every department in our company to compile them in my reporting excel file. the first few weeks worked well, thus the datas were not that much and other departments arent responding as well...

Now dilemma... other departments are now filling up the data form ive created with datas and copy pasting the whole time is really getting in to my... yeah...

Anyways... scenario is this..

I have my Master Reporting Excel File (we call it reporting.xlsm) which is in my personal work folder where no can access it. I created a public folder where every departments can dump the file in (we call the files, DepartmentA, DepartmentB, etc etc..)

From the DepartmentA and DepartmentB, I will be needing the values from Range A6 till A37 (sometimes there are only 2 values sometimes 30) and paste them in my next empty cell in column A in Reporting.XLSM.

The tricky part is there is no rule for the certain file name in the public folder. So i was thinking more of opening the file in public folder, extract the values i need for the reporting and delete it.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Kind regards

:banghead:

Bob Phillips
05-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Look at Dir to work out how to access each file.

Look at UsedRange.Rows.Count to determine how many rows to copy.