PDA

View Full Version : Drop down problems

thedon32
05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi, I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to update a spreadsheet to prevent other users from copying and pasting information from one a cell in one spreadsheet, to a dropdown cell, overwriting information in that cell. HOWEVER there are other cells within the same sheet, that I do want the ability to copy and paste information in, just need to stop it in the drop down column. If there is a way of doing this through the options excel already has, rather than doing vba script to diable cut/copy and paste, that would be better as vba can get a bit messy.

Hope you guys can help me out, it will be very much appriciated

:banghead:

mancubus
05-03-2013, 02:45 PM
welcome to the forum.

this may help:
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/ensuring_that_data_validation_is_not_deleted/

thedon32
05-06-2013, 09:04 AM
[quote=mancubus]welcome to the forum.

this may help:

This code is great, however there does seem still be an issue with the copy and paste problem, it works great when you it in the same workbook, however if you were to open another session of Excel, which unfortunately relates to my problem, it will still allow you to paste from one session on excel to another.

Is there anyway around this??

Cheers

mancubus
05-06-2013, 11:59 PM
worksheet_change event is not fired when a range is copied from another excel application. but that does not delete the validation.
:think: :think:

that's a bit above my head i think :)