PDA

View Full Version : Multi-language Word Templates

Roderick
05-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Thanks to the help of two members of this site - Paul Hossler and XLD - who gave me good advice in the RibbonUI sub-forum and helped me resolve a challenge with multi-language Ribbon Bars, my client has now thrown me a nasty curve ball! They want me to change the VBA in their templates from one suite in each individual language to one suite of templates catering for 13 languages!

I've done this type of work for two languages (English and French) and it was easy to double up on the appropriate code to cater for MsgBox's, error messages and so on just using Case statements and If...Then...Else routines as well as using the Registry to decide whether it was English required or French. But this scenario is a "different kettle of fish". Applying what I did above to now cater for 13 languages would bloat the template code to outsize proportions. In fact, using that approach seems to be a big no-no.

So, using Word 2010, is this project a possibility? If it is, then which would be the most appropriate? Using DAO to retrieve the necessary text from either an Excel workbook or Access database? Or following another path which I haven't yet considered?

Thanks for all your help.

Roderick