PDA

View Full Version : forum searching question

ukyank
06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

I've been searching the internet for a bit of time now, and I was wondering if someone could suggest a search string for me. I was hoping to search for an answer rather than ask, so I can see if I could modify code rather than get it "done for me", and learn a bit more than just copying and pasting.

Here's my issue. I have a userform which when opened populates the textboxes with data. there's a save button on the form and when people click it - it saves but I need to check for modifications and present the modifications to the user in a message box and make them say yes to the change or let them exit and correct any errors.

My first thought was to get one array (when loading the form), and trying to pass that array to the save button, compare elements and return and differences. That search didnt go so well. but I saw a very basic if then statement I was able to modify but it really long (I check 9 fields), but after the first if then statement the next kept launching the message box even when the values were the same.

sorry for the long essay but I was wondering what search parameters I should use to find some code to do some textbox/cell value comparisons before I allow the save?

Thanks In Advance.
UKYank

snb
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
This could shed some light...
http://www.snb-vba.eu/VBA_Userform_in_database_en.html

ukyank
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Cheers snb I'll check it out.