PDA

View Full Version : Retain info in userform

katenardy
06-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Hello experts!

I'm hoping someone can help me with something that I hope is only a small problem.

I have created a userform in word which populates back to bookmarks in a word table. It has been working quite well so far, and I have also used a macro to make a button on the toolbar to bring it back up again (windows 2000).

The form automatically appears when you open the word doc, you fill in the info, hit record, and all done. What I would like to change is once you hit record the first time, and want to go back into the form via the button on the toolbar, I'd like the userform to retain the first input so you can see where you're up to. It only has to retain the info for this one opening, not after closing and saving etc.

Thanks in advance. I would also really appreciate suggestions of handbooks or online training for word and access for newbies like me - I am enjoying learning how to do this but something in laymans terms would be great.

Cheers
Katie
:help

gmaxey
06-05-2013, 04:29 PM
This should help: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/interactive_userforms.html

katenardy
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks Greg, that is really good.

So if my Combo Box is "cboerectoronsite" and the bookmark for this is "erector" then do I just add the one line to the initialize command in my code:.cboerectoronsite.Value = GetBMRangeValue("Erector")

Silly question I'm sure, but just learning.
Will be checking out more of your site for sure.
Katie

gmaxey
06-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Provided you have the function GetBMRangeValue in your project then yes.