PDA

View Full Version : Sound Generation Software

jignesh142
06-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Hello to all,

I have made the sound generation software which generates the different pitch sound by generating the sine wave and then it plays that

This software is for musical learning purpose and hence i want to convert this sine wave sound to different instrument like sound

Is it possible??

Aussiebear
06-06-2013, 03:01 AM
You have posted this in an Excel forum, how does this relate to excel and or vba?

jignesh142
06-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Yes because it is made in excel vba...

Aussiebear
06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
This software is for musical learning purpose and hence i want to convert this sine wave sound to different instrument like sound
Is it possible??

That does not sound like either an excel or excel vba question.

mancubus
06-09-2013, 01:37 AM
That does not sound like either an excel or excel vba question.

i think "sound generation software" means some code for playing a sound as in:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/PlaySound.aspx

Aussiebear
06-09-2013, 04:35 AM
@mancubus True but the Op has suggested that they already have constructed the sound generating software. It has been suggested that the creation of a sine wave is used to generate a sound. We are left to guess as to what the sound maybe is, as the information provided is vague or non existent.

To my way of thinking the OP needs to be contacting an electronics expert to determine how synthesisers can change between instruments. This means its nether a vba question nor excel as far as I can see

mancubus
06-09-2013, 12:02 PM
@mancubus True but the Op has suggested that they already have constructed the sound generating software. It has been suggested that the creation of a sine wave is used to generate a sound. We are left to guess as to what the sound maybe is, as the information provided is vague or non existent.

To my way of thinking the OP needs to be contacting an electronics expert to determine how synthesisers can change between instruments. This means its nether a vba question nor excel as far as I can see

:)

perhaps the OP will need a commercial software. i dont know of any, but im sure there are many...

jignesh142
06-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Well

You can create the custom frequency of the sound by creating the wave buffer using the sine function and then playing it with the directx

Please look my earlier post where you can find the hint of the code which is actually in VB and now i have converted that in VBA

Please see this link

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44490

I am expecting the advice from the experts