PDA

View Full Version : Userform help

dan9933
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi,
I am working on a userform where the user will be entering data.
So what I want to do is have a list of several different product ids.
So it would look like this:

ProductID1 ProductName1 ProductPrice1
ProductID2 ProductName2 ProductPrice2
ProductID3 ProductName3 ProductPrice3
ProductID4 ProductName4 ProductPrice4
ProductID5 ProductName5 ProductPrice5
ProductID6 ProductName6 ProductPrice6
ProductID7 ProductName7 ProductPrice7
ProductID8 ProductName8 ProductPrice8

The problem is the user wont always be entering the same number of products. Is there a way to have them type in a number, and then that many number of rows appear with labels and textboxes?

Thanks
Dan

SamT
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't understand.
Is the User going to select products from the list?
Or, is the User going to add products to the list?

dan9933
06-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't understand.
Is the User going to select products from the list?
Or, is the User going to add products to the list?
They are adding that product data to the list, some people may add 3 products, some may add 5. I want them to be able to select how many of those textboxes appear for them to enter data into

SamT
06-17-2013, 07:10 PM
IMO, it would be better to give the User one data entry point, say, 3 TextBoxes, (w/labels,) and when they hit Enter, transfer that entry to a 3 column ListBox, clearing the 3 TextBoxes for the next product.

This gives you a means for them to check their entries for errors before Saving the contents of the ListBox. The ListBox will automatically extend to as many rows as needed and no farther.

dan9933
06-17-2013, 08:22 PM
IMO, it would be better to give the User one data entry point, say, 3 TextBoxes, (w/labels,) and when they hit Enter, transfer that entry to a 3 column ListBox, clearing the 3 TextBoxes for the next product.

This gives you a means for them to check their entries for errors before Saving the contents of the ListBox. The ListBox will automatically extend to as many rows as needed and no farther.
Ah yes that would work perfectly, Thanks :)