PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to paste Headers and footers as plain text in a new document?

stranno
07-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I am creating a mailing list in 1 (new) Word document. In order to do this I paste the original document (sample letter) in a new document, adapt a few variables (by find and replace), then paste the original document again, adapt a few variables again... Until the last letter has been pasted. This methode works fine, but there is one problem. The page numbers in the footer increases too every time I paste a new letter, and that shouldn't be.

Suppose the original document contains 3 pages. If I paste this original document 4 times in the mailing list (so the mailinglist contains 4 letters), then the page numbers in the footer should look like this: 1, 2, 3 - 1, 2, 3 - 1, 2, 3 - 1, 2, 3 and not like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9....... That's obvious I think.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Is it for instance possible to copy a document and paste headers and footers as plain text (unlinked) while the rest of the document is pasted while maintaining the original format?

Or does anyone have another idee to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Stranno

Doug Robbins
08-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Insert a Section Break between each letter and set the page numbering in each Section to Start from 1

stranno
08-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Hi Doug,
thanks for answering my question.
I will try this. I let you know if it works.
regards,
stranno

stranno
08-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes, problem solved. Thanks Doug.
regards,
Stranno