PDA

View Full Version : Word template issue using excel and VBA

PicklePBFH
08-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm new to VBA (first time on forum)-I am developing a macro enabled Word template which includes using a macro to update multiple references to excel data. The data in the excel will be updated regularly and Users will open a document based on the template to create their monthly report. The text field and the macro to update the excel data is working perfectly in the template. However, when you open a document based on the template, the excel data is not updating. Can you help?

PicklePBFH
08-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi, I haven't had a reply from anyone yet which is probably due to me not being able to explain my issue sufficiently - however, I have discovered what a fabulous forum this is by working through past queries. I wish I had found it a year ago as I have been teaching myself VBA as I go along. Although I didn't see a similar query, I did find my answer. It turns out that I used "ThisDocument" instead of "ActiveDocument" - so basic I could kick myself but it did find this forum in the process so all good. Documents all working perfectly now.

SamT
08-11-2013, 12:30 PM
:thumb