PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Protected sheets and Links?

cuci
08-18-2005, 10:56 AM
I am trying to keep worksheets protected and update the source of linked references in cretin unlocked cells.

When I go to LINKS / CHANGE SORCE I can only update (have access to the button) when the sheets are unprotected. I have unlocked the cells and that does not seem to help.

Any advice?

Cuci

MWE
08-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I am trying to keep worksheets protected and update the source of linked references in cretin unlocked cells.

When I go to LINKS / CHANGE SORCE I can only update (have access to the button) when the sheets are unprotected. I have unlocked the cells and that does not seem to help.

Any advice?

Cuci
Hi Cuci; welcome to VBAX

I would like to say that it is because you have cretin cells.:rofl: I am not familiar with cretin cells, but assume that they are stupid and do not do what we want:devil:

Seriously, I believe sheet protection is doing what it is supposed to do, i.e., generally protect the sheet from changes. Perhaps others have better insight.

Ken Puls
08-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I would like to say that it is because you have cretin cells.:rofl: I am not familiar with cretin cells, but assume that they are stupid and do not do what we want:devil:

:funnyashe

cuci
08-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Any cell that dos not do what i want it to is a "cretin."

I seem to have found a way around it. It seems that you can change the source of the links in a book even if the links are in a protected sheet if the sheet that is active is unprotected. Strange but it seems true.

Cuci