PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to Recover Columns That Are Off the Sheet

Cyberdude
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure what happened, but I just noticed that on one of my worksheets the first column displayed is "AD". I tried a bunch of things to get the columns "A" through "AC" to display, but (sigh!) nothing worked. Any suggestions about how to shift everything right so I can see the covered columns? I tried a GoTo "A1". I tried to unhide them. Neither worked. Weird ... very weird. :bug:

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Try this:

Ctrl + A
Right click on a column and select Unhide.

Cyberdude
08-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey, Jake, I did that several times, and (sigh) it didn't work. I had this problem once a long time ago, and for the life of me I can't remember what I did. Fortunately this isn't an important sheet, so I guess I'll just recreate it. But I sure would like to know a fix. Thanx for the reply.

MWE
08-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey, Jake, I did that several times, and (sigh) it didn't work. I had this problem once a long time ago, and for the life of me I can't remember what I did. Fortunately this isn't an important sheet, so I guess I'll just recreate it. But I sure would like to know a fix. Thanx for the reply.
can you repost with the workbook attached.?

Cyberdude
08-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but the forum input editor sometimes won't let me type anything, and yesterday was one of those days.
Thanx to all of you for your suggestions. I have discovered the problem. I had frozen (freezed??) the window panes on this sheet and then forgot I did it. When I unfroze (defrosted??) the panes ... Voila! ... the missing columns presented themselves to me. So I'm back in business.

MWE
08-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but the forum input editor sometimes won't let me type anything, and yesterday was one of those days.
Thanx to all of you for your suggestions. I have discovered the problem. I had frozen (freezed??) the window panes on this sheet and then forgot I did it. When I unfroze (defrosted??) the panes ... Voila! ... the missing columns presented themselves to me. So I'm back in business.
I think you should send MS a note about including the defrost menu pick in future version of Excel :devil: