PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Data connections have been disabled

runofthemill
08-23-2013, 10:32 AM
So I've seen people ask this question before, but I can't seem to find a solution...:banghead:

My workbook keeps saying "Security Warning. Data connections have been disabled." There are NO data connections in this workbook. I've even deleted every macro, deleted every worksheet (only leaving a blank new sheet left) and it still says that. The only way I was able to sort of fix it was by saving the .xslm as a .xls, but that corrupted two of the worksheets, which obviously is not a useful solution. Anybody?

Working in Excel 2011 For Mac and OS 10.8.4

Thanks!

Kenneth Hobs
08-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Depends on your Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... I would imagine.

Check your Data > Connections as well.

runofthemill
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Depends on your Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... I would imagine.

Check your Data > Connections as well.

Thanks Kenneth - Excel for Mac does not have the same menu items as the PC counterpart; the closest thing is Data -> Get External Data, but there is no option there to manage connections/break links. The Trust Center doesn't exist in Excel for Mac either.

Aussiebear
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Have a look here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macexcel/excel-how-to-disable-data-connection-warning/a8c7c2ae-8a71-45a0-b560-f529b76a1e5d

runofthemill
08-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Thank you Aussiebear - copying the sheets to a new workbook, then doing a find and replace in the new workbook to replace the link from the old workbook with "" seems to have worked. Quite a simple solution - thank you for pointing me in the right direction!