PDA

View Full Version : Mail merge with unique excel file attachments and cc to different recipients

Sparkery
08-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi
I need to execute a mass mail merge with unique excel attachments for each recipient as well as cc yet another recipient. I am using Doug Robbins “Merging to Email with Attachments” at word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/mergewithattachments.htm which is to provide the ability to send unique attachments to various recipients. I can successfully run the mail merge to send the mass emails however it does not attach the unique excel files to the email.

I have confirmed the file path is set EXACTLY as the actual path in the directory type file set up. An example of which is noted as

Myemail1@email.com

H:\My Documents\test\testAttachment1.xls

Myemail2@email.com

H:\ My Documents \test\testAttachment2.xls

Myemail3@email.com

H:\ My Documents \test\testAttachment3.xls

1. Can someone advise if there is anything to modify in the code in order to insert the excel file?
2. Is it possible to cc different recipients as well? Such as

<<EmailAddress1>>

<<cc:EmailAddress3>>

<<cc:EmailAddress4>>

<<Attachment1>>

<<EmailAddress2>>

<<Attachment2>>

I am using MS Office 2010. Any help is much appreciated. :helpThanks.

Sparkery
08-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Saving the file to my local directory as opposed to the network drive seems to have resolved my first issue of grabbing the unique excel file attachments.

I am still having trouble using the cc for different recipients. I was able to find thread which advised hard coding the cc directly into the macro as .CC = "Firstemailaddress; secondemailaddress" and this does work. However, I need the cc recipients to populate based on a range similar to the .To . Does anyone know how to code this in the macro so that the cc recipients which are in column 2 and 3 of my excel sheet are automatically inserted?

Hi
I need to execute a mass mail merge with unique excel attachments for each recipient as well as cc yet another recipient. I am using Doug Robbins “Merging to Email with Attachments” at word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/mergewithattachments.htm which is to provide the ability to send unique attachments to various recipients. I can successfully run the mail merge to send the mass emails however it does not attach the unique excel files to the email.

I have confirmed the file path is set EXACTLY as the actual path in the directory type file set up. An example of which is noted as

Myemail1@email.com

H:\My Documents\test\testAttachment1.xls

Myemail2@email.com

H:\ My Documents \test\testAttachment2.xls

Myemail3@email.com

H:\ My Documents \test\testAttachment3.xls

1. Can someone advise if there is anything to modify in the code in order to insert the excel file?
2. Is it possible to cc different recipients as well? Such as

<<EmailAddress1>>

<<cc:EmailAddress4>>

<<Attachment1>>

<<EmailAddress2>>

<<Attachment2>>

I am using MS Office 2010. Any help is much appreciated. :helpThanks.