PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] vba macro code for filtering from the given numbers.

Dharani
09-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Respected Sir /Madam ,
I need the output where I need values based on the filtering of in JDAY COLUMN FROM 1 TO 31 AND FROM 258 TO 366. BASED ON JDAY COLUMN ALL THE COULMNS HAS TO BE FILTERED.

(this is completely filtering only but doing manually is really time consuming) I have done it manually for your kind reference.

Please make it flexible so that I can work with other numbers also and not particularly with 258 to 366. ( these numbering represents months days actually)

please do help me...
please find the attachment...

Thanks & Regards,
Dharani Suresh.

TrueTears
09-02-2013, 07:44 AM
What do you mean by filter?

ValerieT
09-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Hello
I know it is not what you ask, but :
Why don't you "simplify" and add a new column where value = "X" if JDAY colum value is between 1 to 31 or 258 to 366... and then you filter on that X....

Dharani
09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Hello
I know it is not what you ask, but :
Why don't you "simplify" and add a new column where value = "X" if JDAY colum value is between 1 to 31 or 258 to 366... and then you filter on that X....

Dear ValerieT,
yes exactly, you are right, we can also do that so far I was doing manually like that only but doing like this for 500 files is not that much easier and moreover my boss wants everything to be automated... that's why I was asking for the macros code.. but still somehow the other I managed to do this....

Thank you for the effort you made and thank you for replying me by spending your valuable time...

Thanks & Regards,
Dharani.