PDA

View Full Version : Code to take a multi-page document and save each page separately..

wfishero
09-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi,

I have a multi-page document that I would like to be able to save each page as a separate file. Currently, I have been printing the document, and faxing each page to their intended recipient. Saving each page separately would allow me to email them out. Here are the facts:

- the document ranges in size - one month it might be 5 pages, another it might be 100.
- every page of the doc is completely the same EXCEPT the recipient's name in the "TO:" section towards the top.
- there is a Title line at the top of the page (Fax Transmission), followed by the TO: line. However, I can change the format of the page in any way to make a code work.

Here's what I would like to be able to do:

- I need to be able to go in and change the code, depending on where I need to files to save to (each month I will have 11 different documents, all need to be done the same way - so I will need to save the files to the appropriate folders, which will be different every time).
- I would like to have each page of the document be saved using the recipients name in th TO: line (the person's name is not right next to the TO: line - it is a tab to the right).

Can anyone help me!!?!?!

Thank you,
Wesley

gmaxey
09-10-2013, 06:23 AM
This might work or should get you started: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/document_splitter.html

mrojas
09-17-2013, 05:05 PM
That's an awesome application:thumb