PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word macro to automatically resize image after pasting

emoandy05
09-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I have a VBA question for Word.

I would appreciate if someone wouldn't mind writing a macro that would paste an image from clipboard and automatically resize the image to fit the maximum width (7in.) of the page, while maintaining the relative height.

Thank you!!

EricFletcher
09-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Word should do that for you by default. Make sure your Options are set to paste images as "Inline with text" (File > Options > Advanced > Cut, copy, and paste) to avoid having images move around unexpectedly (you can always right-click on them to choose different text wrap options later).

evanpan
10-18-2015, 10:52 PM
I have a VBA question for Word.

I would appreciate if someone wouldn't mind writing a macro that would paste an image from clipboard and automatically resize the image to fit the maximum width (7in.) of the page, while maintaining the relative height.

Thank you!!

Hi, emoandy05.
I wonder whether it has been changed as default? If so, it will be much more convenient.

gmayor
10-19-2015, 12:57 AM
A graphic larger than the space between the current boundaries will shrink to the width of the available space (maintaining aspect ratio). A graphic smaller than the available space will remain at its original size.