PDA

View Full Version : Email Automation

Jondary
09-20-2013, 06:30 AM
I've been rummaging the internet for a while, copy & pasting code here and there in order to do automation but I'm not getting any joy and am looking for helpI'm looking to create a spreedsheet that can extract data from a webpage and then send an email from Excel with the desired information in the email-------------------------------------------This is the criteria:There are 5 worksheetsEach worksheet extracts data from a DIFFERENT URLEach worksheet automatically refreshes extracting webpage data every 5 minutesThe value to look for is always Sheet#xx Cell B3 (this cell contains a number)If Sheet#xx Cell B3 has a number of more than of e.g. 10, send an automated emailIn the email it should contain some predefined strings like 'Hi, here is the number that has exceeded 10: ' and then the value of Sheet#xx Cell B3, so for example:"Hi, here is value that has exceeded 10: [Sheet#01 Cell B3]"and then a different email for a different worksheet (if value above 10 is met) - "Hi, here is the number that has exceeded 10: [Sheet#02 Cell B3]" etc.If after 5 mins refresh and Cell B3 still contains the same number, don't send another email, so it only send email if the number is different------------------------------------------I know how to extract webpage data and I've done that OK so far, but unsure how to query a particular cell and put that information in an email etc.

mrojas
09-20-2013, 07:34 AM
How about sharing your workbook with all forms and code?