PDA

View Full Version : Solved: INCLUDETEXT Field Codes: bookmarks

tinydancer
08-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I am having some trouble with using bookmarks in an Include Text field code. Before i insert the bookmark name, everything works fine, but as soon as i manually add the bookmark name to the code, it works once, but after i go in to edit the code, Word automatically moves the quotation marks BEHIND the bookmark, giving me an error!filename not valid

example, originally i go into field code and type

"filepath" bookmark

and that works, but as soon as i right click, and edit code, the code has changed to:

"filepath bookmark"

and i get an error. i tried putting brakets around the bookmark name [bookmark] and i get a different error:

error!bookmark not defined

also, when it does work the first time, the formatting is not preserved, even when i select that option.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

thanks,
monica
monica_danna@hotmail.com
:dunno :banghead: :help

fumei
08-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Can you post a sample file? In a ZIP format. Perhaps explain clearly the asteps you are taking, and what you WANT to happen.

tinydancer
08-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Gerry, thanks for the reply. I've atcually gotten some advice on the topic this morning and have decided to go with auto text instead of include text. will work much better for me. thanks for responding!

fumei
08-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Whhhooo whoooo! I agree. For a lot of purposes, autotext DOES work better. That is why I was asking exactly what you were doing, to possibly offer alternatives. Glad you found one yourself, and thanks for posting that you did.

fumei
08-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh....and one other thing. I strongly suggest you start creating and storing your autotexct OUTSIDE of the default file of normal.dot. Make your own storage file.

tinydancer
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
done! great advice....thanks again!