PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Please help Chart data

paoyi
10-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Dear Experts
I already know excel chart but this excel 2010 gives me a headache.
I just want to include data in col K to the chart in the chart tab, should be straightforward right, but no, it does not let me do it
Please note that I like data in col K as new "plotting data" line in the chart, not as a "event marker" ... any help is greatly appreciate MUCHACHO

paoyi

p45cal
10-02-2013, 01:22 PM
see attached

paoyi
10-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Hello master :)
My apology - my internet died yesterday and I worked butts off today (low pay though) to feed myself and 12 strayed cats ... I have been so into this post so how was it poss that I did not bother ... oh oh, that your signature ... phewwwwww ... yes I understand your sig therefore my seem-to-be but not, redundant apology
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ... I look at the chart and will post back

paoyi
10-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Hello master :)
My apology - my internet died yesterday and I worked butts off today (low pay though) to feed myself and 12 strayed cats ... I have been so into this post so how was it poss that I did not bother ... oh oh, that your signature ... phewwwwww ... yes I understand your sig therefore my seem-to-be but not, redundant apology
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ... I look at the chart and will post back

paoyi
10-02-2013, 03:19 PM
hello again p45cal
FANTASTIC AND QUICK HELP (bowing)
I did try 100 times and when I tried to add KKK data plot line, it gave me 3 boxes and not 2, series-name/series-value (like yours and the rest of the data), then it did not take my KKK data. Once kind, always kind :) .... please would let me know how you did the magic ... then, bowing again
Thanks so much excel king

p45cal
10-03-2013, 05:40 AM
When you select a series on chart you can see its series formula in the formula bar. I looked at some of the existing similar plots and looked at the formula, eg.:
=SERIES('CHART DATA'!$G$1,'CHART DATA'!$D$5:$D$735,'CHART DATA'!$G$5:$G$735,3)

Then I added a series, but only set the name ($K$1) and clicked OK.
Next, on the ribbon, on the layout tab of the Chart Tools. at the left I chose Series "KKK" in ther dropdown, wherepon the formula appeared in formula bar, it was:
=SERIES('CHART DATA'!$K$1,,{1},17)
so I copied the first formula above to the formula bar:
=SERIES('CHART DATA'!$G$1,'CHART DATA'!$D$5:$D$735,'CHART DATA'!$G$5:$G$735,3)
but edited it to:
=SERIES('CHART DATA'!$K$1,'CHART DATA'!$D$5:$D$735,'CHART DATA'!$K$5:$K$735,3)
and pressed Enter. Then I clicked Format Selection (top left of the ribbon) and made sure it was being plotted on the right axis and chose a solid colour for the line. I also made sure it was the correct chart type (x-y or Line)

paoyi
10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Wonderful - I cannot wait to test this out but now got locked up and pushed behind by a deadline ... will sure post back with a big THANKS and heineken (well the latter one has delivery problem)
Many thanks the guidance !!!

paoyi
10-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Hello p45cal - now off low-pay work, I cannot wait to post back.
The chart you sent was wonderful and sorry to sound greedy, but is there a way to make the new data KKK not appear in the Legend box? The other data lines (EEE, FFF, GGG...) somehow can get excluded from the legend box, so tricky! then I would be so happy
Many thanks for all your great help this far.

p45cal
10-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Just select the name KKK within the legend box and press the delete key.
The other thing that looks like a legend box seems to be just a textbox which has been made manually to look like a legend.

paoyi
10-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Just select the name KKK within the legend box and press the delete key.
The other thing that looks like a legend box seems to be just a textbox which has been made manually to look like a legend.

yup yup ... perfect!
Thanks so much again p45cal ... very appreciated
enjoy weekend