PDA

View Full Version : [SLEEPER:] application.filesearch not working in Excel 2010

stanleds
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi,

Can somebody please help. I have searched the internet for this issue and there are loads of posts about it but I am unable to find a resolution to my particular problem. part of the problem is my inability to adapt code that others have posted to suit my problem. I am unable to post my code at this time because I am at home now without my other laptop. Basically, this is what I am trying to do;

1. Open all Excel files (.xls, one at a time) in a network drive path that is specified in a cell. Lets say the cell is H3 on a worksheet called "Sheet 1".

2. When each file is open, I need to be able to apply the autofilter, filter two columns, lets say columns 3 and 5 an then select all records in columns a to t for all records that exist and then copy them.

3. I then need to be able to select the workbook that contains the code (this file) and then paste the data to the next available row on worksheet that is specified in a cell. Lets say the cell is H4 on a worksheet called "Sheet 2".

4. After each file has been opened and the data pasted to this file, each file can be closed without saving the changes.

I would be very grateful if anybody could offer any help.

many thanks. :(

snb
10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
I will wait until you have found your other laptop....

stanleds
10-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Hi,

Can somebody please help. I have searched the internet for this issue and there are loads of posts about it but I am unable to find a resolution to my particular problem. part of the problem is my inability to adapt code that others have posted to suit my problem. I am unable to post my code at this time because I am at home now without my other laptop. Basically, this is what I am trying to do;

1. Open all Excel files (.xls, one at a time) in a network drive path that is specified in a cell. Lets say the cell is H3 on a worksheet called "Sheet 1".

2. When each file is open, I need to be able to apply the autofilter, filter two columns, lets say columns 3 and 5 an then select all records in columns a to t for all records that exist and then copy them.

3. I then need to be able to select the workbook that contains the code (this file) and then paste the data to the next available row on worksheet that is specified in a cell. Lets say the cell is H4 on a worksheet called "Sheet 2".

4. After each file has been opened and the data pasted to this file, each file can be closed without saving the changes.

I would be very grateful if anybody could offer any help.

many thanks. :(

Here is the code. Hope you can help me.

Sub Update_NR_Month()
Call Create_Blank2
Application.StatusBar = "Refreshing Meter List, please be patient!......."
Dim lCount As Long
Dim wbResults As Workbook
Dim wbCodeBook As Workbook

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlManual
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error Resume Next
Set wbCodeBook = ThisWorkbook
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = Sheets("Named Ranges").Range("H2").Value
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
If .Execute > 0 Then 'Workbooks in folder
For lCount = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Loop through all
'Open Workbook x and Set a Workbook variable to it
Set wbResults = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=.FoundFiles(lCount), UpdateLinks:=0)

'DO YOUR CODE HERE
Cells.Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Call Autofilter

Selection.Autofilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="0"
Range("A2").Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(ActiveCell, Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy

Workbooks("No Reads Grabber.xls").Activate
Sheets("Named Ranges").Range("E15").Value.Activate
Range("A65535").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
wbResults.Close savechanges:=False
Next lCount
End If
End With
On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
Call Unmerge_All
Call Format_Date
Application.StatusBar = False
'Call Copy_C
'Call Copy_KL
Call Copy_NOPQRSTU
Call Insert_Row
Call Format_Meter_Ref
MsgBox ("No Read Month - Update Complete")

End Sub

thanks