PDA

View Full Version : Help creating a meeting minutes template

RKramkowski
10-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi, I've done a lot of Excel work with formulas and macros but this is my first attempt at similar things in Word. I have a meeting minutes layout that I'm trying to define as a template... with dropdowns where appropriate, including the addition of an invitee/attendee list (see attached).What I'm trying to do is when someone opens the template up, there's a mechanism for people to type in invitees. Something like a double return stops the entry (but there has to be a way to add people later as well). Once the entry stops, the list just input is then put into a three-column layout (like in the example) preferably in alphabetical order by last name. The list should include adding in an unchecked checkbox. Once done, the person can just click the box to check/uncheck to indicate who attended from the full invitee list.is any or all of this possible? I know I'm asking a lot and maybe all this isn't possible. Or maybe it is by running macros in succession - one to generate the list/table, and another to alphabetize it once the list is complete.I've been doing Internet searches and haven't yet found any information on how to do something like this. Can anyone recommend any good sources of info on how to fully "templetize" documents for use by many people and preserve a consistent layout/format/data entry process? Websites? Books?Thanks,Bob