PDA

View Full Version : Outlook signature (from an excel spreadsheet)

JDLM
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
1st I will say I am kind of glad I found this site, I am not that great in Excel w/ all the coding/charts etc.. 1st to admit it :rofl:

What I have is 1 excel spread sheet with information such as :name/address/phone etc..

What I am looking for is a script that will extract line by line and create a signature)

I have a signature format (it has 2 pictures) 1 with an embedded url and one without

I will be glad to email the example along with the spreadsheet to someone for some :help

Thank you

mancubus
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
welcome to the forum.

you can upload the file here.

click the Go Advanced button which is below the Quick Reply panel, scroll down, click Manage Attachments, browse for your file and upload it.

please show the "before" and "after" data tables in your file.

perhaps members can help you.

JDLM
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the reply

I have attached the signature format that will be utilized. I will also have to email the excel spreadsheet (1 attachment per post) it's separated into columns and the "end result" would be making a VB script (and I am sure I will have to tweak it for every user) on the list to run on their machine to create this signature.

I am not sure how well this will even work out but this is what the manager asked for. I have explored a few other options (ie running this all through GP with a powershell script) but found out that's not an option due to AD being a huge mess and too much time to fix everything. :banghead: