PDA

View Full Version : Linking Attendence List in Word to Excel

Dikmat
11-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi there,

I need your help by linking an attendance list in word (word-table) to an Excel-File with different sheets, each for an different event.
The Excel-Sheets are supposed to be used for different groups of events, so the names and numbers of attendants will vary.
I imagine a hyperlink in the Excel-Sheet to a filled Attendence list in Word. So the "Name"-column of the Word-Table should be filled with the individual names listed in Excel.
Is there a way to do this with VBA?

Thank you a lot!

mrojas
11-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Could you attach samples of both Word and Excel files?

macropod
11-19-2013, 11:44 PM
I need your help by linking an attendance list in word (word-table) to an Excel-File with different sheets, each for an different event.
The Excel-Sheets are supposed to be used for different groups of events, so the names and numbers of attendants will vary.
I imagine a hyperlink in the Excel-Sheet to a filled Attendence list in Word. So the "Name"-column of the Word-Table should be filled with the individual names listed in Excel.
Is there a way to do this with VBA?
You could use VBA, by why not use Copy/Paste Special, copying from Excel and pasting as a link into Word? Alternatively, you could use mailmerges, with each Word document pointing to its own worksheet within the Excel workbook. Without knowing more about your requirements, it's really not possible to provide more specific advice.