PDA

View Full Version : Different Language Has Different Character Widths

abraham30
11-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Hi,

I want to copy the data from selected row (suppose R1 to R10) from sheet "Data1" and then paste into another sheet "Data2", the headers are not being populated properly.

As the fonts in the header are in some other language, the original requester want the header to be exactly same (without any space) to the copied one which I am not able to do.

e.g. I copied the data from R1-R10 and paste in other sheet "Data2". -->i) Header in column c are not populated exactly .
ii) Header in column I of sheet Data1 is more widened compared to col I of data2.

Is it possible to develop macro which will keep the exact copy to copied sheet. (See attached sheet)

Advance thanks

SamT
12-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Abraham,

I changed the title to attract more responses.

Have you tried the macro on the requester's computer. It may just be that it is responding to the default language on your computer and will work fine on his/hers.

EirikDaude
12-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are looking for here, but if what you want is to keep the column widths in the second sheet, couldn't you use something like "Paste special" -> "Column widths"?

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAllUsingSourceTheme, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteColumnWidths, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Paul_Hossler
12-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Maybe like this?

Option Explicit
Sub Macro1()
Dim rSource As Range, rDest As Range
Dim iColumn As Long
Set rSource = Worksheets("Data1").Cells(1, 1).CurrentRegion
Set rSource = rSource.Cells(1, 1).Resize(10, rSource.Parent.Columns.Count)

rSource.Copy

Worksheets("Data2").Cells(1, 1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
Set rDest = Worksheets("Data2").Cells(1, 1).CurrentRegion

For iColumn = 1 To rSource.Columns.Count
rDest.Columns(iColumn).ColumnWidth = rSource.Columns(iColumn).ColumnWidth
Next iColumn
End Sub

Paul