PDA

View Full Version : template trauma

mastersnowbo
08-25-2005, 11:13 PM
me again -
after getting the document to work, i wanted to save the doc as a template so that changes couldn't be mistakenly saved to the original file.

so i saved it as a template. now, i can't delete that template because every new document has that template's macro stuff in it (even though its not running the scripting)

does any one know how i can remove the template from the system?

TonyJollans
08-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Hi mastersnowbo,

Welcome to VBAX!

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you are saying (and didn't get any clue from your other posts).

Every document you base on a template contains a reference to that template but there is no link the other way (from the template) and you should be able to delete it without a (technical) problem.

Macro code in templates is not automatically copied into documents based on the template so, if it is not needed in the document I don't see any problem there.

However, if you delete the template you won't be able to use it again - and documents already based on it will use your Normal template when they are opened. Is that what you want?

MOS MASTER
08-26-2005, 12:26 PM
The question is vague to me as well!

But if you don't want the macro's from the template Loose the reference to the template of the newly created document and your there. (But you'll loose other stuff to...like Tony says it will bind to Normal)

If you want something else please give more detail...:moosegrin