PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Thanks for having me.

Zoomo
12-19-2013, 05:40 AM
:hi:

First, I am Joy. I have a very lovely macro I use to do what I call feedback. I am a QA for medical transcription and we like to provide copies of what changes I have made to documents MTs have typed. This macro was made for me by a another forum, so I am not sure I can post it, but let me say the macro works great.

I turn track changes on.

I edit the jobs as per usual.

I then click my feedback macro, and it makes a copy of the document with the changes colorized that it then uses the properties of the job to save under job # and at the end of the day, I send these out to my MTs. It also turns track changes off when the macro is run at the end of the macro.

This has worked great on a million platforms.

I am on a newer platform now, and although the macro still works great and does what it needs to do, I am finding that when I upload the job through the platform, any changes I made that show in the copies I have saved for the MTs from the macro are wiped away and the job is left in the original state.

I have tried several things. One of them is I tried to do this macro outside of the platform (using standalone word). I copy and paste from the platform into standalone word, and edit on the standalone word, run macro, then copy paste back into the platform the edited, track changes accepted, and I upload. The changes I made are still not sticking. The document looks perfect when i upload all changes made, but it uploads in the original form.

The only other option would be a compare and merge, but that is too time consuming, I do over 100 documents a day, and it requires saving the file name, etc. I am on word 2007 too so this is a bit different and more annoying to do than it was on 2003.

I find any macros I use in this platform, for anything, even numbering lists, even though they work fine, strips the changes and uploads it in the original form before any edits were made.

Does this make sense to anybody? I hope it does.

Any ideas? Any other way I can accomplish what I need to do with a click of a hot-key that will stick?

I also tried some third party programs that do macros, but I haven't gotten it to work as efficiently as this one little word macro yet, hoping that it being not a word based macro, that the changes would stick.

Anybody want to give me a wonderful Xmas present and help me out, pretty please?
Oh, we also asked the proprietor of the platform if they were aware of this issue. They are really busy with workflow issues, but one of them said they had noticed it too, and were gonna get with some techy people, but that has never happened.

I thank you for reading and if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joy

macropod
12-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi joy,

Without seeing the macros you've been using, it's impossible to say what the issue(s) might be or how they might be resolved.

fumei
12-19-2013, 11:08 PM
as this one little word macro yet, hoping that it being not a word based macro
How can a word macro be not word based?