PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Non-VBA related question for MAC users

grichey
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I picked up macbook pro over the holidays but found out an excel plugin won't work w/ the mac office version. The support for the plugin said you have to parallels -> Window Version of Office.

Aside from this first issue (the mac has since been returned pending my coming up with a solution), what other issues have people encountered trying to use a Mac with excel?

The plugin in question is capitaliq.

KevCarter
12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I picked up macbook pro over the holidays but found out an excel plugin won't work w/ the mac office version. The support for the plugin said you have to parallels -> Window Version of Office.

Aside from this first issue (the mac has since been returned pending my coming up with a solution), what other issues have people encountered trying to use a Mac with excel?

The plugin in question is capitaliq.

Hi Gavin,

Big time Mac fan since 1986. I've used Office on my Mac forever with no issues, until I started getting into VBA just a few weeks ago. VBA in Excel is very buggy, and the experience pales in comparison to running VBA on Windows. I went with Parallels on my Mac, installed Office, and I couldn't be happier.The best of both worlds IMHO.

Kevin

Aflatoon
12-31-2013, 05:42 AM
I would totally agree with Kevin. Either use a VM or Boot Camp.
Although VBA in Mac Office is getting better (I'm ignoring 2008 which was an abomination in most respects for me) it's a long way behind Windows versions. It's still missing features, arguments, the VBE is awful and it's much much slower to run. To be honest, I don't like Mac Excel much even ignoring VBA because so many keyboard shortcuts are different/don't exist.