PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Export Data In Word Form to Excel

MWaa
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Hello,
I know this topic has been exhausted but the various codes offered as solutions have not worked for me and I am in need of some help. Similarly to everyone else, I am in need of a code that will take data entered into a Word form and automatically enter that data into an Excel spreadsheet. I create documents based on Questionnaires clients fill out. I have templates for these documents and it is very easy to merge necessary information from an Excel. If I could accomplish the automation of Word form data to an Excel spreadsheet it would significantly boost efficiency of creating these documents. That being said, it would be extremely useful if there was such a code as “one size fits all”—code that could be used to connect Form A to Excel A and Form B to Excel B without a lot of modification. I hope that makes sense.
I know this is asking a lot but if anyone has the time could they please help me out with a step-by-step guide? I am capable of creating a Word form, an Excel, and accessing VBA—essentially the basics. Also, I am working with the 2010 versions of these programs.
OR I would greatly appreciate a suggested reading that gives an instructional “How To” of sorts.
Thanks to all!

macropod
01-07-2014, 04:57 AM
As you seem to recognize there's already plenty of code available here for transferring Word form data to Excel. Although it's possible to have a Word form push this data to Excel automatically, I would advise against it, for the simple reason that the process will fail as soon as anyone (or even another process on your system) has the Excel workbook open.