PDA

View Full Version : Inserting slides from multiple pptx that contain links

Bketch
01-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi. I'm working to consolidate several pptx files updated weekly into a single powepoint file one, for printing ease, and two, for archiving.

These source pptx files are housed on a shared drive and updated by numerous people. Most files do not contain links but there are some that contain a significant number of links in them that links to other files on shared drives I don't have access to.

I've attempted to use the InsertFromFile method to bring the slides in. Works great for those files not linked, but the source files that contain many links, locks up the macro and the application.

Is there a way to insert these slides without the links trying to update using InsertFromFile, or do I need to take a different approach by opening each file, running a sub routine to break links and then copy them into my consolidated file? Any help is appreciated.

Bert

John Wilson
01-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Pretty sure you cannot add slides that "create links" if the link does not actually exist on your PC so you may need to break links first. If there are internal links (eg to slide xx) these will add but probably not work correctly.

Bketch
01-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Thanks John. How can I break links and still use InsertFromFile method? This method seems to be pretty clean code if I can break links with it.

Bert

Bketch
05-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Still no solution yet. I guess I will figure out on my own. Thanks

John Wilson
05-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I havent tested this but I would have thought something like

Dim ohl As Hyperlink
Dim osld As Slide
For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each ohl In osld.Hyperlinks
ohl.Delete