PDA

View Full Version : Creating New File Off Template and then some EXCEL MACROS

Tyler5061
01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Hi All!
I've been trying to find a macro solution to solve the following:

Create New File Based Off of template
Name that file based off of Cell B2
Open the newly created file (Regardless of what computer is viewing)
Submit Button (Via email or direct upload link)
What Im feeling is there will need to be a host sheet with a button macro that will create a sub routine to create the new file and save in a default location on their computer. Then After that sub runs in that first macro, another sub kicks in within the same macro that opens this newly created excel file. Then in the template it created from there should be a macro to open outlook and have a message ready to go with the active sheet as an attachment. Either that or a macro that saves the active sheet and use a service for a direct upload URL.

Any thoughts as to how this could be done would be greatly appreciated!

Aussiebear
01-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Break the task down into smaller chunks, initially by recording a macro that copies the template and saves as the value in cell B2. When naming the macro, create a shortcut key of Control Shift & an alphabetical letter that you can remember. That way you won't need a button on a host sheet. Once you get that far come back to us with the code and we'll step you through the next option.

snb
01-11-2014, 08:02 AM
I fear you imagined a too complicated procedure to accomplish a rather simple task.

Can you please explain the task (what you want to accomplish). I think we can suggest simpler methods to attain the same result.

Tyler5061
01-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Essentially I have an excel sheet I want to put online. The items on it are too complicated for a standard form so I want it editable to the general public without any type of logging into a site that allows you to put an edit up online (ie google, skydrive). I want a person to be able to go online, fill out the spreadsheet, then submit it.