PDA

View Full Version : Perdictive Pattern matching algorithm

jignesh142
01-20-2014, 01:54 AM
is it possible to implement the predicative pattern matching algorithm in the exel vba? For example i need to generate the Random patterns based on the some patterns i have entered is it possible?

Aussiebear
01-20-2014, 02:28 AM
How many rules make up the selection criteria to develop the "predictive" algorithm?

jignesh142
01-21-2014, 10:36 PM
I am afraid that i have no set of the rules...... rather then set of the patterns which i can feed in the system By that i want to make random new patterns which closely follow the old pattern set.

Aussiebear
01-22-2014, 04:27 AM
By that i want to make random new patterns which closely follow the old pattern set.

Therein lies the exact point that I'm trying to make. The old pattern has some sort of characteristics that the new pattern needs to follow.

jignesh142
01-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Now let me to explain this in details. Basically i want to built some musical program in excel. In Indian music there is a Raga system which i can say as scale in the western music. Every raga has some sort of the phrases or patterns which i can say that they are developed on the individuals experience in the raga. Now i can define the rules for that but that will be too many and also when you change the Raga, the rules are changed. So i was in thinking of developing such algorithm in excel that will see the feed patterns and Generate some random patterns to practice. If we go by the rules then the Main Criteria is the if i say that i have generated first note as "N" then the "N+1" th note will be conditional form "N" If i say that i can always compare the randomly generated not with its previous note and then apply the rules to check whether this note possible or not then this will be OK. If rule is broken by random note then it should again generate random note and then compare with previous one This is something difficult task and therefore i was thinking to develop some system which matches the existing feed notes.

jignesh142
01-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Is there any idea?

Aussiebear
01-28-2014, 03:47 AM
Sorry, but most people don't use Excel or VBA to create predictive algorithm for music let alone for raga music. You might be better off talking to persons within the music industry about how they might go about it.