PDA

View Full Version : PivotTable: CD count not track count.

countryfan_n
01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Hello friends,

I need your help. I have the attachment that has a sample of all my songs.
I want a "pivot table" that would tell me how many albums do I own by Genre then by artist, I keep getting the number of songs instead. Please help me with the following points in mind:
A. (Col. F) or Genre need to be in "Row labels".
B. (Col. D) or Artist needs to follow the "A" condition and also needs to be in "Row labels".

Thank you so much in advance!

Bob Phillips
01-28-2014, 08:56 AM
All I did was add a helper column with a formula of

=--(COUNTIF($A$1:$B2,$B1(>1)

and then use a sum aggregate on this column in the pivot table.

BTW, only 1 Al green album, shame on you. And who is Alan Jackson that warrants 15 albums?

nawaf
02-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Hello there! sorry to bother you! I could have sworn that I did and figured the pivot table out due to your post/feedback; I tried to use it, and referred back to your kind attachment.
But for some reason and when opening your attachment I cant seem to find the solution nor can I seem to have the formula to work. Please help me with the attachment.

Paul_Hossler
02-27-2018, 09:20 AM
If you put Albums in the PT Values area, it seems to work

countryfan_n
02-27-2018, 11:09 PM
thanks Paul, much appreciated. but the results are incorrect. Alan Jackson as an example does not have 149 albums. the pivot here is counting the songs. I am trying to count the number of Albums.
Help please.

Paul_Hossler
02-28-2018, 06:33 AM
Ooops - my bad -- missed that part

Also using a slightly different helper column like XLD's

Another approach would be to copy the database sheet and then Remove Duplicates. Making the PT off of that would be more straight forward (MHO)

Both in the attachment