PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow word

doubtfire
02-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I have a word "ABC" which I would like to color it with a rainbow picture instead of just coloring it
with a single font color. Is it possible? Can I do it under MS Word 2007 !?
Thank you all!:help

fumei
02-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Please explain "rainbow picture". Do mean each character has a different color. That is hardly "rainbow", nor is that a "picture". If you mean each character has multiple colors, no, that is not directly possible.

doubtfire
02-02-2014, 08:11 AM
fumei,

Thank you for the quick response and sorry for not being clear.
The "internal" background of the word "ABC" is actually a picture (instead of a single color).
"Rainbow" word actually is the filling of the word with a rainbow picture.
Thanks.

fumei
02-02-2014, 09:02 AM
The "internal" background of the word "ABC" is actually a picture (instead of a single color).
"Rainbow" word actually is the filling of the word with a rainbow picture.
Those are different things:
1. text in a single color on top of an image (who cares if it is a rainbow, or a tiger), the point being the image is BACKGROUND

2. filling means NOT background, but the text fill, the color of the characters itself.

And no, you can not (at least in Word) use an image as fill for text. So is the image background, or not? I have no idea what you mean by "internal" background. Could you possibly be thinking of the old Word Art?

doubtfire
02-02-2014, 11:16 AM
fumei,

Thank you again. The filling of the text "ABC" is the picture.
And as you mentioned it is no.
Let me know if there are other solution.
Thanks.

fumei
02-02-2014, 04:48 PM
The solution is to use a real graphic application. I know Photoshop can do it, but it is likely that others can do it as well. You do understand that the result is likely to be an image, NOT text. in other words the ABC will no longer be an "ABC". It will be a picture.

doubtfire
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
fumei,

You never let me go ..., and always to provide good solution NOT only to me, but to ALL of us.
As usual before, now and in the future. Your answer is a picture not text.
Thanks !!!