PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] design ideas for UF and multiple users

CuriousGeorg
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Good afternoon this is more of a general ideas type question as opposed to an out right HOW DO I DO THIS.. although im sure it could turn into that. :whistle:

I have a team of people that track all the work they do. Without access to MS Access et al the only option I have is to use Excel. ( I have Access they dont) :banghead:

At the moment each user has their own sheet and the user form is on each individual's sheet. Problem is I collate a lot of the information weekly and at the moment I have top copy and paste data from each sheet into a master one. This obviously is a bit time consuming. I was wondering if there is a way around it.

Also, once the data is entered.. it there are times it has to be editted/changed :bug:

Is there something I could do on a UF that has a seperate frame that searches for a claim and It can then pull it through and that way I'd only need one sheet.. Or any other options/ideas?

Im just trying to shave an extra 5 minutes of my day. (even IF i can just have a macro that can will auto filter by date based ont he date range) something like that?

Im ok with how it works now and it at least lets me valdiate as I go.. I just like freshening things up too and this seems to be something I can improve at the same time.

Im assuming most of what I would like to do is well outside my knowledge base. but if I dont know what I can research then I'll never know..

Get thinking :D thanks in advance :cloud9:

Aflatoon
02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
If you can put an Access database in a location that they all have access to, you can use a userform to read to and write from it even without Access installed.

CuriousGeorg
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Ah ok I see. And it's easy to set up my UF to find say a reference. Return it and then for it to be submitted and resaved? By easy I mean relatively..

Aflatoon
02-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Depends what it's relative to. ;) I don't think it's hard.

CuriousGeorg
02-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Nothing complex. Hmm looks like I'll scope that out I guess. I don't mind re designing the UF.

Jan Karel Pieterse
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
You say you have Access. Can you have them install the Access runtime? In that case you should be able to design an Access database and create an MDE from it they can use.

CuriousGeorg
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Jan, they can install no additional software/hardware et al.

Im going to class this as solved.. was never really a query.. but if anyone has more ideas let me know.